Saturday, December 29, 2012

Family History, Letting Go Of The Past

Family History, Letting Go Of The Past, that's exactly what I had just a little while ago while I was in the shower. I mean it hit me like with the force of like running head on into a brick wall. Du, I said to myself! That's something I am learning is in order to change your habits with your Family History you need to understand and dig down and get rid of the root files and shake your head back and forth and realize that that's NOT the way to do it and reprogram your mind. By understanding your family history you can or at least I can see myself better in the sense of that's how come my parents raised me that way. I mean its understanding both parties past.  Why does it seem that certain people do better than others.  Why is that?  I have found that people who had a rough start seem to be better than others and those who had a good upbringing falls off track easier.  Letting go of family history and letting go of the past.

Family History, Letting Go Of The Past


A little Family History with my father is that I know he had very strict parents growing up in Stanford Connecticut as well as his parents who were school teachers had a place up in New Hampshire as well. That's the place I remember as a kid. Taking a weekend trip up to visit family usually either My Aunt, Uncle or my grandmother. Sometimes both. Now going back to this Family History thing and trying to figure out why I think the way I do sometimes I realized or think (yikes) I realize that its not my fathers fault he's the way his is. I don't mean to sound negative in any shape or form but as I got older and started to understand my family history a little bit better I can understand better why I get the thoughts that I do. To be honest, my father pisses me off sometimes but I think all parents do to their children at times.

Family Tree


Your family history is where you come from so you need to understand that if you want to change so you have a understanding of your parents better. Then all of a sudden they are not those bastards you thought they were.  In fact it throws a 180 at ya and you help in the sense of doing things you now know that maybe would be different choices they had. Hard to explain for me. Maybe I'll come come later and elaborate.  The point is understanding family history has been a big factor in trying to understand my past history.

Family History, Letting Go Of The Past

No comments:

Post a Comment